Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This is where the magic happens.

This is my room. MY room, my office. I have a room to contain the mess of lino shavings, cut paper and exacto blades that I have been known to create. I can shut the door to keep out curious 2-year-olds. It gets great light (which is why I decided it would be ok to paint it Bittersweet Chocolate) and is, most importantly, a filled with things I love.

I still work from the desk my dad made me over twenty years ago, which sits on top of a beautiful Tibetan rug that was so graciously given to me in exchange for a website design. In front of me are two frames that remind me of my travels. One contains a silk blouse I purchased on my honeymoon in Paris nearly nine years ago. The other has a lovely piece of letterpressed paper from my trip to Italy in 2005. I could go on. But the point is that I feel so lucky to have a space to call my own, one that fosters creativity, and reminds me of where I've been and where I still want to go. It may be a little messy, but that's just what makes it mine. If there was a couch in here, I'd never leave.

2 comments:

  1. fabulous!!! (and lino shavings are everywhere as I type this)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing workspaces. Yours is much more handsome than mine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails