Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And... I'm back.

What seemed like just a few weeks, was nearly a two-month hiatus from writing. How did that happen? The answer: I have been busy, busy, busy... which is great, great, great! While not blogging, I have actually put my long-awaited printing supplies to good use. My first print went out as a very limited edition of Valentine's Day postcards–each one unique. Cutting linoleum is much more tedious than I remember, or perhaps it's just that my designs are a bit too intricate and/or ambitious for the medium. Next time, I'll remember to simplify! Up next is another set of prints with a spring theme (ambiguous, I know), as it seems appropriate now that it's March—yikes! More on that soon (hopefully)!

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking for my class it would be a lot easier with Mondrian-ish geometry for all remaining linoleum and wood carving projects - it's so hard to get detail and curves to look right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the potential for injury also seems to increase with curvy lines!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails