Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Businesslike.

The work has been piling on this week, rather unexpectedly. It's a wonderful thing, but it really caught me off guard. I don't advertise in any way, unless you count my website. Instead, I have a network of fabulous people who continue to send projects my way. Thank you, thank you!

However, I have been wondering how long this arrangement can last. Eventually, I am going to have to put myself out there—right? I feel a bit disconnected from the rest of the design world, as I continue to work in isolation in my lovely brown office. I try to get out at least once a day and have even made a few local business contacts. But I think it may be time to branch out. I really, truly believe that networking (as much as I despise the word) is the best way to find clients whose products and/or values closely mesh with mine. There are several opportunities coming up that sound promising, so if I can just make the time (effort)...

One I'm looking at seriously:

Defining Business Success on Your Own Terms
Through the Grassroots Business Association, who have a great selection of events that always seem to fall on days that I am previously engaged :-)

So, I'm wondering... How do you stay connected?

p.s. Facebook and Twitter do NOT count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails